Transparent OLEDs, Microsoft hacked and more @ #techbrief2
1. Through the looking glass (or transparent OLEDs). LG Display will be showcasing a 55-inch see-through OLED TV concepts at CES 2021.
2. Samsung will be launching Galaxy Smart Tags for tracking lost items. These would use Bluetooth connection with nearby devices for boradcasting its location. It is rumored to be powered by replaceable button cell battery, according to a regulatory filing spotted by GSMArena.
3. SolarWinds hackers accessed Microsoft’s source code. SolarWinds’ network security software being widely used, the hackers were able to potentially access an unprecedented amount of sensitive data from government agencies and major corporations. As per Microsoft, no customer data was compromised.
4. Huawei restores Tencent games in its app store. Games like Arena of Valor were removed from Huawei’s app store on January 1 because of a “big change” Tencent made in how the companies work together. But post further negotiations, these games have been restored in the app store for the time being.
5. Sony to launch Playstation 5 in India on February 2. Pre-order begins on January 12 through Amazon India, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital, Games the Shop, Sony Center, and Vijay Sales. The console is priced at Rs. 49,990 while the digital edition of the console will sell at Rs 39,990.
For all my daily blogs and articles on technology, health, productivity and more, visit www.klikomo.com